| 1 comments ]

We had the pleasure of a visit from my parents a couple weeks ago. The four of us had a great time exploring Indianapolis, visiting the Art Museum, Zionsville, Locally Grown Gardens for their excellent hog roast (check it out if you're an Indy local), and Kahn's for their wine tasting and excellent beer selection. One of our favorite parts of the visit, of course, was the excuse to cook! We decided to go with a French-inspired theme since my parents love the cuisine (and were probably jealous of the French meal we cooked for our friends)!
Since I have promised to blog about these recipes for several weeks (I don't know how my friend Erin manages to post in such a timely fashion about all her meals), here they are! (Unfortunately I just had two meals this weekend that I am itching to blog about, including another Smiley dinner, but first things first...)
Menu

Vegetable Tian
Salmon with Lentils
Spinach and Frisee Salad with Radishes
Bananas Foster
(not French, but slightly related...and so good)
Lavender Infused Chocolate Truffles

Both the Vegetable Tian and Salmon with Lentils recipes were from Ina Garten's (of Barefoot Contessa fame) Barefoot in Paris cookbook, and turned out to be EXCELLENT. We will definitely make both again, especially the lentils, which are my new favorite food (though I do say that about a lot of things...).

Vegetable Tian
Recipe
 
Salmon with Lentils
Recipe

Bananas Foster
 
Lavender Infused Truffles
~Sonja

1 comments

Locally Grown Gardens staff said... @ November 10, 2008 at 2:25 PM

Thanks for linking to us at Locally Grown Gardens in Indy. Love your blogs about food and design. And photography is beautiful!

Post a Comment