| 0 comments ]

Is it too late for a Thanksgiving recap? We had a wonderful holiday and thoroughly enjoyed our first time hosting a holiday in our home. It was a great day to relax with family and friends. The cooking went smoothly and all the food turned out wonderfully, thanks to help from our guests!

We had never cooked a "traditional" Thanksgiving meal before, and I was pleasantly surprised at the results! We enjoyed:




Herb-rubbed turkey with roasted garlic gravy
Recipe








Leek and herb stuffing
Recipe (we substituted leeks for the onions)









Goat cheese and sage mashed potatoes

We made them up - just boiled red skinned potatoes, mashed them with their skins on, and added sour cream, milk, goat cheese and sage to taste. I don't normally like mashed potatoes, but these were very good!




Green beans with roasted peppers

This was a recipe from Ina Garten's Barefoot in Paris cookbook -- basically you combine blanched green beans with roasted peppers and onions. It was a great colorful addition to the menu!






Brussels sprouts with pecans

Our friend Meredith made these, which were excellent - I have a new appreciation for Brussels sprouts!







Salad with pears, apples, cranberries, and walnuts

We threw together this salad with a homemade honey dijon dressing, which was very good.






Pumpkin pie

I actually made pie and it turned out! I used my mom's crust recipe and my grandma's pumpkin pie recipe, which was her mother's recipe. I have never had better pumpkin pie than the pie that my grandma makes, and her recipe definitely delivered! I'm going to keep the recipe a family secret (mainly because I'm too lazy to type it out).

My plate-- mmmmm....


Unfortunately we were so consumed with cooking that we didn't get to watch much of the parades or the annual dog show...though we managed to catch the end :)

 
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving as well!
~Sonja

0 comments

Post a Comment