| 0 comments ]

This has generally been my motto on family camping trips (mostly to get them to do all of the dirty work while I play by the fire and whine). However, a couple of weeks ago I went on a 3-day backpacking trip with some (manly and good looking) friends from church. I apparently missed the khaki cargo shorts memo.  Anyway, we spent 3 days and 3 nights just over the North Carolina border in Great Smoky Mountain National Park.

It turned out to be a great time! I really enjoyed the campsites miles away from any car or trailer with a tv and refrigerator. It was fun to get a short and rain-free glimpse of what they call “backcountry”.

If you’re interested, I wrote details about the trip on my brother’s hiking blog (spoiler, there’s a bear involved!). And if you are really interested, you can read Kirk’s take on the trip on his blog. And if you are still left thirsting for more, the rest of the pics are on Flickr.

~ Alex

0 comments

Post a Comment